St. Paul’s is a prayerful and supportive Christ centered congregation worshiping in a beautiful country church whose history dates back to the original Farnham Parish established in 1656.
Since its original construction, several additions have been made to the church. In 1972, a parish hall was built adjacent to the church and is attached by an enclosed breezeway to the vesting room, rector’s office, administrative assistant’s office, nursery, and two other multi-purpose/ Sunday school rooms. The fellowship room has a fireplace with gas logs.
The church maintains 2 cemeteries adjacent to the building on the rear and side of the property. The remaining 10 acres are open and beautiful.
There are many tangible gifts throughout the church that memorialize those who have contributed so generously to its common life. Descendants of early communicants still take an active interest in the parish’s preservation and growth and many continue to worship at St. Paul’s.
Situated among three rivers, (the Pamunkey, the Mattaponi, and the Rappahannock) St. Paul’s is located in the community of Millers Tavern in Essex County, Virginia. The congregation lives primarily in the counties of Essex, King and Queen, and King William. The three counties are mostly rural with low population density.
St. Paul's Mission
The Mission of St. Paul’s Church is to build on its long established tradition of Christian faith, fellowship, and families: to develop the individual spiritual gifts of its people and to use them to the glory of God. We commit ourselves further to serve our Lord Jesus Christ and our neighbors by sharing our joy, love, and resources with the community and with the world.